Resolution 347 (1974) of 24 April 1974
The Security Council,
Having considered the agenda item contained in document S/Agenda/1769/Rev.l,
Having noted the contents of the letters dated 12 and 13 April 1974 from the Permanent Representative of Lebanon
(S/11263 and S/11264) and the letter dated 11 April 1974 from the Permanent Representative of Israel (S/11259),
Having heard the statements of the Foreign Minister of Lebanon and of the representative of Israel,
Recalling its previous relevant resolutions.
Deeply disturbed at the continuation of acts of violence,
Gravely concerned that such acts might endanger efforts now taking place to bring about a just and lasting peace
in the Middle East,
1. Condemns Israel's violation of Lebanon's territorial integrity and sovereignty and calk once more on
the Government of Israel to refrain from further military actions and threats against Lebanon;
2. Condemns all acts of violence, especially those which result in the tragic loss of innocent civilian life, and
urges all concerned to refrain from any further acts of violence;
3. Calls upon all Governments concerned to respect their obligations under the Charter of the United Nations and
4. Calls upon Israel forthwith to release and return to Lebanon the abducted Lebanese civilians;
5. Calls upon all parties to refrain from any action which might endanger negotiations aimed at achieving a just
and lasting peace in the Middle East.
Adopted at the 1769th meeting by 13 votes to none.