Resolution 370 (1975) of 13 June 1975
The Security Council,
Noting from the report of the Secretary-General of 9 June 1975 (S/11717 and Corr.l) that in existing circumstances
the presence of the United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus is still needed to perform the tasks it is
currently undertaking if the cease-fire is to be maintained in the island and he search for a peaceful settlement
Noting from the report the conditions prevailing in the island.
Noting further that, in paragraphs 67 and 68 of his report, the Secretary-General has expressed the view, in
connexion with the talks in Vienna between the representatives of the two communities held pursuant to
resolution 367 (1975) of 12 March 1975, that the negotiating process should be maintained and, if possible,
accelerated and that its success would require from all parties determination, understanding and a willingness to
make reciprocal gestures.
Noting also the statement by the Secretary-General contained in paragraph 69 of his report that the parties
concerned had signified their concurrence in his recommendation that the Security Council extend the stationing of
the Force in Cyprus for a further period of six months.
Noting that the Government of Cyprus has agreed that in view of the prevailing conditions in the island it is
necessarv to keep the Force in Cyprus beyond 15 June 1975,
1. Reaffirms the provisions of resolution 186 (1964) of 4 March 1964, as well as subsequent resolutions and
decisions on the establishment and maintenance of the United Nations Peace-keeping Force in Cyprus and on other
aspects of the situation in Cyprus;
2. Reaffirms once again its resolution 365 (1974) of 13 December 1974, by which it endorsed General Assembly
resolution 3212 (XXIX), adopted unanimously on 1 November 1974, and calls for their urgent and effective
implementation and that of its resolution 367 (1975);
3. Urges the parties concerned to act with the utmost restraint and to continue and accelerate determined
co-operative efforts to achieve the objectives of the Security Council;
4. Extends once more the stationing in Cyprus of the United Nations Peace-keeping Force, established under
Security Council resolution 186 (1964), for a further period ending 15 December 1975 in the expectation that by
then sufficient progress towards a final solution will make possible a withdrawal or substantial reduction of
5. Appeals again to all parties concerned to extend their full co-operation to the Force in its continuing
performance of its duties;
6. Requests the Secretary-General to continue the mission of good offices entrusted to him by paragraph 6 of
resolution 367 (1975), to keep the Council informed of the progress made, and to submit an interim report
by 15 September 1975 and a definitive report not later than 15 December 1975.
Adopted at the 1830th meeting by 14 votes to none.