Resolution 594 (1987) of 15 January 1987
The Security Council,
Recalling its resolutions 425 (1978), 426 (1978). 501 (1982), 508 (1982), 509 (1982) and 520(1982). as well as
all its resolutions on the situation in Lebanon.
Having studied the report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon of 12 January
1987, and taking note of the observations expressed therein,
Taking note of the letter dated 6 January 1987 from the Permanent Representative of Lebanon to the United Nations
addressed to the Secretary-General,
Responding to the request of the Government of Lebanon,
1. Decides to extend the present mandate of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon for a further interim
period of six months and twelve days, that is. until 31 July
2. Reiterates its strong support for the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Lebanon within
its internationally recognized boundaries;
3. Re-emphasizes the terms of reference and general guidelines of the Force as stated in the report of the
Secretary-General of 19 March 1978/ approved by resolution 426 (1978), and calls upon all parties concerned to
cooperate fully with the Force for the full implementation of its mandate;
4. Reiterates that the Force should fully implement its mandate as defined in resolutions 425 (1978), 426 (1978)
and all other relevant resolutions;
5. Requests the Secretary-General to continue consultations with the Government of Lebanon and other parties
directly concerned on the implementation of the present resolution and to report to the Security Council thereon.
Adopted unanimously at the 2731st meeting.