S/RES/768 (1992) 30 July 1992
RESOLUTION 768 (1992)
Adopted by the Security Council at its 3102nd meeting.
on 30 July 1992
The Security Council.
Recalling its resolutions 425 (1978) and 426 (1978) of 19 March 1978, 501 (1982) of 25 February 1982, 508 (1982) of 5 June 1982, 509 (1982) of 6 June 1982, and 520 (1982) of 17 September 1982, as well as all its resolutions on the situation in Lebanon,
Having studied the report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon of 21 July 1992 (S/24341) and taking note of the observations expressed therein.
Taking note of the letter dated 15 July 1992 from the Permanent Representative of Lebanon to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary-General (S/24293),
Responding to the request of the Government of Lebanon,
1. Decides to extend the present mandate of UNIFIL for a further interim period of six months, that is until 31 January 1993;
2. Reiterates its strong support for the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Lebanon within its internationally recognized boundaries;
3. Re-emphasizes the terms of reference and general guidelines of the Force as stated in the report of the Secretary-General of 19 March 1978, approved by resolution 426 (1978), and calls upon all parties concerned to cooperate fully with the Force for the full implementation of its mandate;
4. Reiterates that the Force should fully implement its mandate as defined in resolutions 425 (1978), 426 (1978) and all other relevant resolutions;
92-35162 4336Z (E) 300792
5. Requests the Secretary-General to continue consultations with the Government of Lebanon and other parties directly concerned with the implementation of the present resolution and to report to the Security Council thereon.