Resolution 239 (1967) of 10 July 1967
The Security Council,
Having taken cognizance of the message of the Congolese Government contained in document S/8031,
Having discussed the serious developments in the Democratic Republic of the Congo,
Concerned by the threat posed by foreign interference to the independence and territorial integrity of the
Democratic Republic of the Congo,
1. Reaffirms in particular paragraph 2 of Security Council resolution 226 (1966) of 14 October 1966;
2. Condemns any State which persists in permitting or tolerating the recruitment of mercenaries, and the
provision of facilities to them, with the objective of overthrowing the Governments of States Members of the
3. Calls upon Governments to ensure that their territory and other territories under their control, as well
as their nationals, are not used for the planning of subversion, and the recruitment, training and transit
of mercenaries designed to overthrow the Government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo;
4. Decides that the Security Council shall remain seized of the question ;
5. Requests the Secretary-General to follow closely the implementation of the present resolution.
Adapted unanimously at the 1367th meeting.