Resolution 749 (1992)
of 7 April 1992 The Security Council,
Reaffirming its resolutions 713 (1991) of 25 September 1991, 721 (1991) of 27 November 1991, 724 (1991) of 15 December 1991, 727 (1992) of 8 January 1992, 740 (1992) of 7 February 1992 and 743 (1992) of 21 February 1992,
Taking note of the report of the Secretary-General of 2 April 1992 44 submitted pursuant to Security Council resolution 743 (1992),
Recalling its primary responsibility under the Charter of the United Nations for the maintenance of international peace and security,
Welcoming the progress made towards the establishment of the United Nations Protection Force and the continuing contacts by the Secretary-General with all parties and others concerned to stabilize the cease-fire.
Expressing its concern about reports on the daily violations of the cease-fire and the continuing tension in a number of regions even after the arrival of advance elements of the Force.
1. Approves the report of the Secretary-General of 2 April 1992 44 submitted pursuant to Security Council resolution 743 (1992);
2. Decides to authorize the earliest possible full deployment of the United Nations Protection Force;
3. Urges all parties and others concerned to make further efforts to maximize their contributions towards offsetting the costs of the Force, in order to help secure the most efficient and cost-effective operation possible;
4. Also urges all parties and others concerned to take all action necessary to ensure complete freedom of aerial movement for the Force;
5. Calls upon all parties and others concerned not to resort to violence, particularly in any area where the Force is to be based or deployed;
6. Appeals to all parties and others concerned in Bosnia and Herzegovina to cooperate with the efforts of the European Community to bring about a cease-fire and a negotiated political solution.
Adopted unanimously at the 3066th meeting